We hope you will join us for a fun-filled virtual experience when we recognize and celebrate how the Friends of the Children model is standing alongside youth during times of both stability and uncertainty. Community continues, so let's (virtually) come together and support the youth who need it most! Register here!
Friendraiser is our signature fundraising event which raises crucial funds for Friends of the Children. This year's event will include a special program with videos of youth and Friends/mentor's proudest accomplishments over the past year. You will also hear from Friends-Central Oregon Executive Director, experience a virtual paddle raise, live auction and more.
September 17th: Raffle Opens
September 24th: Silent Auction Opens
October 1st: Live Event
Friendraiser 2020 has gone virtual and this year’s auction will use Greater Giving Online Bidding – allowing for a paperless bidding system. You will use your smartphone or tablet to purchase a raffle ticket, bid on silent & live auction items, and contribute to Raise the Paddle. Also, you can easily track your packages by “following” their activity.
1. Register for the Event - It is important we have your email address and mobile phone number for communications and online bidding. Please visit the Register Now page to register if you haven't already.
2. Create a Greater Giving account HERE and click on the "Start Bidding" button in advance of the event or upon arrival (note if you have previously set up a Greater Giving account for another event you can use the same username and password) CLICK HERE to watch a short clip on how to set up an account.
3. When the auction is open, you will receive an automated ‘Welcome’ text with your bidder link, or if you have not yet signed up to bid you will receive a link to do so.
4. After clicking the link in the text, begin searching for packages by name, number, or category.
5. You can Bid the next increment or Bid More than the next increment or Buy Now!
6. If you choose to Bid More you can choose to set your Max Bid. If your max bid is the highest, the system will automatically bid in your favor in increments - it will not automatically enter your max bid. If your bid is lower than the highest max bid on that package or if you get outbid, you will be prompted to enter a higher bid.
7. To purchase a package at the Buy Now price, select the Buy button.
8. To "watch" a package, select the star icon on the package.
9. To make a donation, select the Donation button on your home screen and choose a preset amount or select the Custom Amount button to enter the amount you wish to donate.
10. If you’re out-bid at any point before the auction closes, you will receive a text message.
11. To view packages you are bidding on, click the menu button, and select Bids.
12. To view packages you are watching, click the menu button, and select Favorites.
13. Once the auction closes, the guest with the highest bid will win.
14. Under the Bids area, you can check your winning packages.